Joomla 2.5 CMS running under Linux Operation System, by default, uses the PHP mail() function to send emails. Sending emails using your server’s SMTP system is another popular method. You must create an email account from your hosting control panel to use SMTP. During email account setup, you need to set up a password for your email account.
Let’s jump into the SMTP setup process.
1. Log into your Joomla Admin Panel.
2. Click Global Configuration from the Site menu.
Click the Server tab.
Under Mail Settings, configure the following settings and click the Save button.
- Mailer: Select SMTP.
- SMTP Authentication: Select Yes.
- SMTP Security: Select None. In case your website uses SSL, select SSL from the drop-down list.
- SMTP Port: By default 25 is used. If SSL is used, consult your hosting provider for the correct SSL port.
- SMTP Username: Enter the SMTP Username. Generally, your full email address is your username.
- SMTP Password: Write here the password that you set up while creating your email account.
- SMTP Host: Use localhost in case your SMTP server and your website are on the same server. Otherwise, write here your SMTP hostname.
5. Welldone. You have successfully configured an SMTP server for sending emails from your website.
At this stage, take some time to test that your emails are sending properly via your SMTP server.
Leave Your Comment