25 powerful tips on SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is one of the most vital parts of Digital Marketing. Today we'll talk about 25 important tips which are crucial for ranking any website. You need to know these. Otherwise, you won't be able to beat your rival websites in your race to reach your expected position on Google Ranking.
1. Content is the first priority in ranking. So, create quality contents as much as possible. The length of the content should be 1000-1500 words range. Google likes big content. Also, it will raise the number of returning visitors on your website. In order to write catchy headlines, do your research first.
2. Every page title must be unique and keyword included. If you want to use your company's name then use it at the end of the title. Title should be within 60 characters.
3. Focus more on search phrase rather than those single keywords. Also, evaluate long tail keyword.
4. Ask your web designer to make it an SEO friendly site. Use Yoast WordPress Plugin plugin if you're designing websites using WordPress.
5. Avoid using frame, flash and AJAX on your website. Google doesn't like these, because they reduce loading speed.
6. While link building, prioritize quality over quantity. Link to good quality sites rather than linking to low quality sites.
7. Avoid keyword stuffing and sustain the natural flow. Amateurs tend to commit this mistake. The use of keywords in article should not exceed 0.8 percent.
8. Website should be user friendly. Make sure that the visitors are getting easy access to what they've come for.
9. Try linking to those aim based .edu sites. Google prefers these site more.
10. Link is the next most important factor after Content. So, link to those effective links with caution. Do not try to cause any harm to your precious website by creating spamming links.
11. Attach "Call to Action" with your article. It should be sensible enough. Remember to place it in an 'easy to spot' position.
12. Use keyword filled caption in the images. Most people only use keywords in file names but do not use any keyword in the captions.
13. Pay attention to the image surrounding contents. Those contents should be image relevant, having similar keywords, captions and file names.
14. Now, Social Media Marketing is an integral part of SEO. So, keep an eye on it too!
15. Leave scopes for customer activities such as review rating, commenting and sharing on your website.
16. Do not waste your time worrying about page ranking. Because it doesn't matter in SEO.
17. Build a decent relation with your targeted bloggers. It will help in strengthening your backlink. It also help you find SEO related updates or newer marketing strategies.
18. Apply ALT text in the images. Remember, using Keyword is a must in ALT text.
19. Try to attach article related videos in your contents.
20. Be watchful to your rivals' backlinks. Always try to know where they are making backlinks and how many it is.
21. Delete the most ineffective content from your website.
22. Set the social share button on your website in a way which makes it easy to find.
23. Avoid feeding excessive ADs. It reduces page's loading speed and causes annoyance among the visitors.
24. Use Google Analytic and strategize for your SEO according to it.
25. Keep your website or blog's Subscribe option (RSS Feed) open. It would help you in E-mail marketing.
- Category: SEO