How to Easily Enable or Disable Hibernate in Windows 10
Hibernation is a feature of Microsoft Windows Operating System which was primarily designed for laptops. When a PC goes into hibernation it takes a snapshot of all your files and windows and saves that snapshot to your hard drive before shutting down. The next time you start your PC or laptop, your PC starts up faster, retrieves the snapshot from the disk and pops up before the monitor almost instantly where you left it.
There are several ways to enable or disable hibernation in Windows 10. These are discussed below.
Using command line:
- Fire up the Windows 10 context menu by pressing Windows Key+X key. We will use the "Command Prompt (Admin)" menu item. Click it. Press "Yes" if you're prompted with permission.
- To enable the Hibernate, type command powercfg/h on
- To disable the Hibernate, type command powercfg/h off
To manage settings for Hibernate:
- Press Windows key + X key to access windows power menu" and select "Power Options" from there.
- Click "Change plan settings" next to the power plan you have active (most probably, "Balanced (recommended)".
- Now select "Change advanced power settings".
- In "Power Options scroll down and expand "Sleep".
- Click on Hibernate after
- Enter the minutes you want your PC to be idle before it Hibernates
- Next, scroll further down to "Power buttons and lid", expand it.
- Select "Hibernate" under "Power button action" from the dropdown list.
- Press Ok to apply the changes.
- Category: Windows 10
Do you want to be an SEO expert?
SEO 10-07-2017 Hits: 208
How to Increase the Views of YouTube Videos in Organic Ways
Social Media 04-06-2017 Hits: 467
Facebook Ad Retargeting: How Does Facebook Get The Whereabouts of Our Visited Websites?
Social Media 21-05-2017 Hits: 530
Increase Twitter Engagement: 11 Easy How-Tos
Social Media 11-05-2017 Hits: 553
How to Use WordPress Custom Logo API: With Code Example
WordPress 07-05-2017 Hits: 893
10 Important WordPress Plugins and Tools for SEO to Rank Your WordPress Website Even Better
WordPress 20-04-2017 Hits: 1041
Move WordPress Site from Localhost to Live Server: Step-by-step Tutorial with Screenshots
WordPress 17-04-2017 Hits: 1025
Most Read Tutorials
How to combine all .vcf files to single .vcf file manually to merge into Gmail Contacts
Webmaster 23-05-2015 Hits: 65283
Get component, module and plugin parameters in Joomla 3
Joomla 3.0 24-07-2014 Hits: 32313
How do you detect a website visitor's country?
Webmaster 30-05-2013 Hits: 18217
Troubleshooting Joomla 3.0 Database Connection Errors
Joomla 3.0 17-03-2013 Hits: 18215
How to setup SMTP in Joomla 2.5 to send emails
Joomla 2.5 23-07-2012 Hits: 16379
Fixing JFolder::create: Path not in open_basedir paths
Joomla 3.0 22-02-2014 Hits: 16230
Open a Port in Firewall in Windows 7 OS
Windows 18-07-2012 Hits: 14994
How to fix 'Creating default object from empty value' PHP warning in Joomla
Joomla 3.0 23-10-2013 Hits: 14581
How to add Google Analytics code in Joomla! 2.5 template
Joomla 2.5 14-07-2012 Hits: 14427
Using Popover on Hover with Twitter Bootstrap in Joomla 3
Joomla 3.0 06-07-2013 Hits: 14416
Store user state variables in Joomla 2.5/3.0
Joomla 3.0 24-03-2013 Hits: 13913
NetBeans auto completion does not show class methods when using Singleton design pattern
Joomla 3.0 24-02-2014 Hits: 9062